What is ETA (visa subclass 601)?
The ETA Australia is an online electronic travel authority, similar to the United States ESTA, that allows visas for Australia to be issued electronically, eliminating the need to supply paper applications to an embassy.
What can you do with an ETA?
The ETA visa Australia is valid for the following purposes:
- A holiday in Australia / Visiting family or friends.
- Entering Australia during a cruise (if a round trip cruise, as the time spent on the cruise counts as time spent in Australia).
- Business purposes ( including attending a conference, trade fair or seminar, as long as the applicant is not paid to attend by organizers).
- To study or complete a training course (as long as the studies are not the main reason for traveling to Australia. In such cases a student visa will be required).
- To participate in volunteer work ( paid work is not permitted if traveling with the 601 visa Australia)